Learning to Excel Academically and Professionally (LEAP)
At USC Price, we believe it is our privilege to train the next generation of leaders who will tackle the important social, environmental, and urban issues of our day – and we take that charge seriously. We are deeply committed to providing students with the very best academic training; but just as important, we want to prepare our students to excel personally and professionally.
In order to do so, we must make a strategic investment in four specific areas that will contribute to our students’ lifelong success.
Learning to Excel Academically and Professionally (LEAP) is a $10M initiative that will greatly enhance undergraduate services at the School.
There are five components to the LEAP program:
- Individualized Assessments and Consultation to provide every student with a comprehensive assessment at the beginning of their freshman year.
- Career Development Program that will establish a formal mentorship program for incoming freshman.
- Lab Experiences to further encourage students to explore professional experiences, national and international lab experiences will be made available.
- Safety-net fund that provides “gap support” for students facing a crisis.
- Enrichment Opportunities that encourage undergraduates to engage in extracurricular activities that takes them outside of the classroom.
Become a member of the Student Investment Committee.
Current Members of the Student Investment Committee:
- Steve Acevedo
Winnie Lu Anderson
Leo & Ivy Chu
Everett Allen Greer
Aylin Iranossian Hemelians
Yoko Jennifer Igawa
Michael K. Low
Stacy Rose Mungo
Aggie Nesh (Afarinesh)
Nancy Reguly Silver
Elizabeth Ann Smith
Julayne Austin Virgil