Career Services for Undergraduate Students
Many students are attracted to the Price School of Public Policy because of the potential to connect with and contribute to the world’s public, private, and non-profit sectors. With USC’s location in Los Angeles and Southern California, it provides some unique career and internship opportunities to students.
- Health policy and management students have exposure to four of the nation’s finest research hospitals in Los Angeles.
- Nonprofit management students benefit from the gateway of non-profit organizations in Los Angeles county, more than any other county, as well as most states and in the nation.
- Public policy and law students have contact to 13% of the federal government agencies that are located on the west coast.
- Real estate students have access to the Los Angeles metropolitan area and its surrounding counties to provide a rich urban environment within which to study real estate development.
- Sustainable planning students have exposure to the largest planning job market in the world.
The breadth and depth of opportunities for professional training and career development is limitless. Be it through city planning, real estate development, county administration or non-profit management, the Price School of Public Policy is at the confluence of most public, private and non-profit efforts in Southern California.
As an undergraduate student at USC Price, you will complete PPD 301 which includes a 140 hour internship requirement and a lab. The USC Price Office of Career Services can be instrumental in providing you with coaching, tools and support needed to secure your ideal internship and full-time job after graduation. USC Price career services include:
- An USC Price Fall Career Fair during the second or third week of the semester with over 80 employers
- Fall and Spring Networking Nights with over 125 employers at each event
- Career Advisement to discuss your career goals and determine a targeted job search
- To assist with your professional development, expand your network and help to define your career aspirations, we offer two programs for sophomores and juniors: Professional Mentor Program and Externship Program
The undergraduate program has five concentrations. Below, are links to each concentration with information regarding specialized websites and potential internship providers and employers.