Faculty Research Update: February 2018
A compilation of recent grant awards, accolades, presentations, journal publications and other notable news about Price School faculty and their research.
- Zhengwei Sun, and Ali Abbas (2018). “Pareto optimality and risk sharing in group utility functions” IISE Transactions, January 2018.
- Jonathan Eyer, and Casey J. Wichman. “Does Water Scarcity Shift the Electricity Generation Mix toward Fossil Fuels Empirical evidence from the United States.” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 87 (2018): 224-241.
- Park, Jiyoung Park, James Moore, Peter Gordon, and Richardson, H. W. (2017) “A New Approach to Quantifying the Impact of Hurricane-Disrupted Oil Refinery Operations Utilizing Secondary Data,” Group Decision and Negotiation 26, 6: 1125-1144, DOI 10.1007/s10726-017-9537-7.
- Placencia, G., Franklin J., and James Moore “Technical and Safety Evaluation of the Southern California Regional Rail Authority Positive Train Control Deployment Project: Challenges and Lessons Learned,” Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Report 0112 under Cooperative Agreement 26-7084
- Robert N. Baldassano, Ahva Shahabi, Seth Seabury, Darius Lakdawalla, Oliver Diaz, Sarah Green, Michelle Brauer, and Gary R. Lichtenstein (2018) – P014 AVERAGE ANNUAL HEALTHCARE COSTS FOR PEDIATRIC AND ADULT PATIENTS WITH CROHN’S DISEASE OR ULCERATIVE COLITIS , Gastroenterology, Volume 154, Issue 1, Supplement, January 2018, Page S8
- Adam Rose, Dan Wei (2017) The Effect of Foregone Productivity Improvements in the Estimation of Macroeconomic Impacts of Greenhouse Gas Mitigation Investment , Journal of Sustainable Energy Engineering, December 2017
- Xie, W., Adam Rose, S. Li, J. He., N. Li, T. Ali, T., and W. Wei. (2018) “Dynamic Economic Resilience and Economic Recovery from Disasters: A Quantitative Assessment,” Risk Analysis DOI: 10.1111/risa.12948
- Rose, A. and D. Wei. 2017. “The Effect of Foregone Productivity Improvement in the Estimation of Macroeconomic Impacts of Greenhouse Gas Mitigation Investment,” Journal of Sustainable Energy Engineering 5(4): Article
- Dana Goldman, Chynthia Chen Julie Zissimopoulos (2018) Opinion: Measuring how countries adapt to societal aging , Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the united States of America, January 2018 115 (3) 435-437.
- Alma Vega, Thalia Porteny, Emma Aguila (2018) “The Role of Clinics in Determining Older Recent Immigrants’ Use of Health Services” Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health
- The Price Center for Social Innovation received a grant from Banner Bank to support the Neighborhood Data for Social Change platform, a free, publicly available online resource for civic actors to learn about their neighborhoods.
- Leonard Mitchell, Tridib Banerjee and Deepak Bahl received a subcontract from the Department of Defense via the State of California for “AMP SoCal II”
- William Resh presented “A Drive to Engage? How Citizen Engagement Recall Moderates Emotional Burnout in Local Government”–Haynes Foundation Funded Research at the Southern Political Science Association’s Annual Conference
- Colin Angus Leslie, and William Resh presented “Political Managers and Whistleblower Disclosures” at the Southern Political Science Association’s Annual Conference
- Antonio Bento presented “Technology, Big Data, and the Future of Transportation” at James Baker institute conference “A Sector in Transition: Transportation in the 21st Century”.
- Erin Trish presented testimony on “Variation in Provider Payment by Public and Private Payers” at the California State Assembly Select Committee on Health Care Delivery Systems and Universal Coverage hearing. (Sacramento, CA on 1/17/18)
- Genevieve Giuliano named recipient of the 2017 Walter Isard Award for Scholarly Achievement from the North American Regional Science Council (NARSC).
- Research from the USC Price Center for Social Innovation found that more than a quarter of all workers in L.A. County make less than $15,000 a year. “Living Paycheck to Paycheck: The Rise of the Gig Economy”
- Alexandra Graddy-Reed was awarded the Dugan Research Award for Philanthropic Impact, presented by ARNOVA (Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action) and Charity Navigator. USC Price News also highlighted her achievement.