Price alumni honored at Sacramento Business Journal “40 Under 40” awards
By Ashleigh Stayton
Five alumni from the USC Price School of Public Policy were honored by the Sacramento Business Journal as winners of the prestigious “40 Under 40” awards, in recognition of their notable professional achievements and community engagement. The individuals were recognized at a celebration in November.
Each year, the Sacramento Business Journal collects hundreds of nominations from businesses and organizations throughout the region, and conduct a detailed selection process to identify recipients for the esteemed award. Those selected demonstrate outstanding success in their careers, while also making a significant impact in their communities through professional and volunteer work.
Among this year’s “40 Under 40” are five distinguished USC Price School alumni:
- Jordan Blair, MPA ’07 – Executive Director, SRBX Education Foundation
- Cornelious Burke, MPA ’10 – Public Policy Manager, Bay Area Council Sacramento Office
- Christina Elliott, MPA ’12 – Executive Director, California ABLE Act Board; First 5 Sacramento Commission
- Eli Owen, MPA ’16 – Deputy Commander, California State Threat Assessment Center, Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
- Fabrizio Sasso, MPA ’14 – Executive Director, Sacramento Central Labor Council
“USC Price is proud of these exemplary alumni and how they effectively applied their Master of Public Administration degree to be actionable, influential leaders who truly make a difference through their professional roles,” said Professor Janet Denhardt, director of the USC Price School in Sacramento. “I want to congratulate and thank all of our honorees for the tremendous work they do to make a positive impact and difference in our world.”