Degree Specific Opportunities
Master of Public Policy (MPP) International Opportunities
International Practicum: The MPP program has ongoing capstone relationships with two Mexican universities: the Universidad Politecnica de Aguascalientes, and Universidad Anahuac Xalapa. Over the past several years, MPP has partnered with these universities to conduct policy analysis on:
- Economic development and logistics in Aguascalientes, Mexico
- Sustainable tourism and participatory planning in Xalapa,Veracruz
Projects include student teams conducting onsite research (focus groups and interviews), writing a policy analysis report, and proposing policy reforms and innovations that address problem areas.
Master of Planning (MPL) International Opportunities
International Planning Studios: Planning studios are an integral part of the MPL curriculum, connecting academic education and preparation for professional practice. Students learn to work together as a team by applying their respective capabilities and knowledge to produce a professional report or plan in response to a common real-world problem. International planning studios take place around the world. Past courses have:
- Studied changing public spaces in Germany
- Collaborated with European schools (Cardiff University, University of Dortmund, and University of Rome) on planning and designing the redevelopment of an industrial district in Ravenna, Italy
- Explored the need for eco-friendly, sustainable tourism in Costa Rica
China Internships: The China Academy of Urban Planning and Design (CAUPD) offers six- to 12-week summer internships for up to four MPL students. Interns who are interested in international development, urbanization, and China-specific development issues have a unique opportunity to work firsthand with the leading urban planning agency in China. CAUPD internships are available at the academy’s Beijing headquarters and Shenzhen Branch. Projects are conducted in developed and undeveloped regions in China.
Master of Real Estate Development (MRED) International Opportunities
International Course Sequence: Each year, the MRED program holds a two-course sequence: RED 583 International Development Opportunities (2 units) and RED 585 Comparative International Development Workshop (2 units). RED 583 is offered in the spring semester. The course covers a series of special topics on international real estate development opportunities, including:
- Current and potential opportunities for investment and development in international real estate markets
- Financial and market analyses
- Cultural, political and social-economic considerations of doing business in international real estate development
- The cross-border valuation approach
RED 585 is offered in the summer semester. Students study and analyze the business environment and opportunities/risks of real estate investment and development in international markets. Students spend ten days in an international setting, attending site visits and meetings with real estate professionals. Past student trips have included China, Croatia, England, Germany, Japan and Korea.
USC Price Undergraduate International Opportunities
USC Price undergraduates can participate in university-wide international study programs administered through the USC College Office of Overseas Studies. Programs of varying lengths of study abroad are offered in over 30 countries.