ISSP Program Highlights
The International Summer Scholars Program draws upon the expertise of USC Price’s world-class faculty, who deliver lectures on governance, policy analysis, urban planning and health administration.
You will witness these lessons in action during several professional field trips. Anticipated destinations include Los Angeles City Hall, the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Griffith Park and a sampling of Los Angeles’ many diverse neighborhoods.
To support the transition to the next stage of your academic or professional journey, the program also features a broad array of academic enrichment activities, including close mentorship from faculty and current graduate students, writing workshops and graduate school application guidance. Professional development opportunities include a panel discussion, networking event and other opportunities.
You will cap off the experience by producing a professional-level policy memo about a critical issue in the comparative contexts of California and another global locale.
- Stepping stone for academic or professional pursuits in public policy
- Gain in-depth exposure to public policy issues in California and beyond during field trips
- Enhance academic performance through writing workshops and the mentorship program
- Learn how to produce a professional-level policy memo
- Earn an International Summer Scholars Program Certificate from USC
- Explore the variety of career options through young professional panel discussions
- Build professional skills through career development sessions and networking events
- Enjoy social activities to help the transition to campus life in the U.S.
- Immerse yourself in diversity with candidates from other countries
*Optional Extended Stay in Los Angeles
After two-week structured program, students have the option to extend their stay for one more week in Los Angeles to explore the city and immerse themselves in the diverse community and local attractions. The program will assist students with housing, upon request.