Certificate in Long-term Care
The Health Services Administration Program of the Price School of Public Policy offers two certificate programs:
- Administration of Long-term Care Programs
- Management of Ambulatory Care Systems in specialized areas of healthcare administration
The Certificate in Long-term Care is designed to provide practitioners with means for improving or updating their knowledge and experience in a challenging and professionally relevant course of study.
- Perspectives on a Changing Society: An Introduction to Aging (GERO 500)
- Legal Issues in Health Care Delivery (PPD 513)
- Management of Long-Term Care Organizations (PPD 601)
- Financial Management of Health Services (PPD 510a) or
Financial Management of Nonprofit Organizations (PPDE 645)
- One elective (consult program staff)
Admission Requirements and Application Procedures
Current USC Graduate Students — Applicants for the Certificate in Long-term Care who are currently enrolled in a graduate program at USC and are in good standing with a 3.0 GPA only need to submit the appropriate paperwork for adding the certificate program, which may be obtained from the student services advisor in RGL 102.
Prospective Applicants — Applicants for the Certificate in Long-term Care who have not matriculated at USC must make a formal application at the USC Graduate Admissions website: http://www.usc.edu/admission/graduate/
Applicants must submit the following items:
- official transcripts from ALL institutions attended directly to our office listed below:
Office of Recruitment and Admissions
650 Child’s Way – RGL 111
Los Angeles, CA 90089
- Resume (upload via online application)
- A Letter of Recommendation (uploaded via online application)
July 1 – Fall Semester
Please contact the USC Price Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For certificate programs that meet federal Title IV eligibility, USC is required by the U.S. Department of Education to disclose certain Gainful Employment (GE) information. The following Gainful Employment Disclosure Template link provides information regarding related jobs, cost, loan debt and completion rate for the program: