Executive Master of Health Administration
The Executive Master of Health Administration (EMHA) degree, delivered in a blended online and face to face modality, offers an unparalleled opportunity for you to distinguish yourself as a leader in the field.
Developed for both clinical and management professionals concerned with advancing or transitioning their careers in the dynamic field of healthcare, the EMHA program draws on USC’s decades of excellence in post-graduate education in Health Management and Policy. It is geared to those who have demonstrated capabilities, yet who will benefit from expanded skills and competencies that will enable them to lead and to succeed.
The EMHA curriculum develops “business of healthcare” competencies in the areas of leadership and management, legal issues, health economics and finance, managed care, quality, information management and strategy.
As an Executive MHA participant, you will gain:
- Management skills and competencies that will distinguish you from your peers, advance your career and expand your professional options
- Technical skills in specific areas of expertise relevant to your career
- Analytical tools to support effective decision-making
- Practical knowledge to quickly master and apply the latest business strategies and practices
- Leadership capabilities to confidently inspire people and guide organizations
- The ability to anticipate, assess and shape emerging policy, system and managerial issues created by the rapid restructuring of healthcare
- Networking opportunities to expand your contacts, build alliances and forge essential business relationships
Participants sharpen their business acumen by gaining exposure to in-depth knowledge of the latest theories and best practices in contemporary health management. A practical, problem-solving approach ensures that skills can immediately be applied on the job.
The EMHA program is flexibly designed to accommodate the schedules of fully employed mid- to senior-level professionals. The curriculum is delivered online utilizing a combination of interactive multimedia and live videoconferencing with faculty and classmates. Twice throughout the program, cohorts attend a 5-day residency at the USC University Park Campus in Los Angeles as an opportunity to network and interact face to face.