Health Advisory Board
The school’s programs in Health Policy and Management are guided by a prestigious group of industry leaders who serve as members of our Health Advisory Board.
The purpose of the Health Advisory Board is to:
- Extend meaningful connections with leaders in the field who wish to contribute to the development of future healthcare leaders through coaching, mentoring, and positively influencing students at all points of their careers
- Expand external relationships and awareness of the USC Price School’s health programs through proactive engagement of leading industry professionals
- Identify emerging strategic healthcare issues, professional competencies, and learning opportunities that will help to shape program curriculum and both internal and external educational initiatives
- Promotes dynamic collaboration among a broad cross-section of industry executives, faculty, and health alumni to ensure a strong program and well-prepared students.
To accomplish this purpose, members of the Health Advisory Board:
- Stay current regarding USC Price health programs and engage in thinking about trends in the field (e.g. for “frontline issues” courses) and skills/competencies being sought in the healthcare marketplace
- Participate as mentors, coaches, preceptors, guest lecturers, adjunct faculty and in networking events
- Assist in identifying service learning opportunities, such as student projects, internships and residency sites
- Work through councils to accomplish key functions, such as
- Liaison and coordination with USC Health Services Administration Alumni Association and USC Price Alumni Association
- Mentorship and coaching of MHA and EMHA students
- Developing selected educational events and activities.
Members of the Health Advisory Board include:
Sr. Vice President for Government Affairs, California Association of Physician Groups
Vice President of Advocacy/Government Relations, American Heart Association, Western States Affiliate
Vice President, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
President and CEO, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Hospital Association of Southern California
President and CEO, Facey Medical Foundation
Mickey Goldman, FACHE
President and CEO, Insight Oncology, Inc.
SVP/Regional Chief Executive, Providence Health & Services
Senior Vice President, USC Health
Patrick E. Kapsner
Chief Executive Officer, MemorialCare Medical Foundation
Director, Los Angeles County Department of Health Services
Paul A. King
CEO, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles Medical Group
President and CEO, Pediatric Management Group
Senior Managing Director, London Pacific & Partners, Inc.
CEO, Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center
Executive Vice President and CFO, Healthcare Partners Medical Group
Senior Vice President, Kaufman Hall & Associates
Vice President of Operations, Health Care Partners
Christopher D. Van Gorder, FACHE
President and CEO, Scripps Health
President and General Manager, The Americas Molnlycke Health Care US LLC
Keith Wilson, M.D., F.A.C.O.G.
Regional Medical Director, Talbert Medical Group, a division of HealthCare Partners