The USC Price School welcomes applications for the International Public Policy and Management Program from international professionals and US professionals interested in international settings. To be considered for admission, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution and 3 or more years of work experience.
The IPPAM course of study begins in the summer semester (generally the third week of June). All applicants are urged to apply for the summer semester. In cases where sponsors and employers do not permit summer enrollment, applicants may apply for the fall semester.
Applicants are encouraged to begin the application process early. The deadline for summer semester is March 15. The final deadline for the fall semester is July 1, but applicants should not wait until the final deadline as the class may fill early. The application process is done online (both in terms of the application form and letters of recommendation). Official transcripts and for international students a TOEFL or IELTS score should be submitted after completing the online application.
The following items are required in order to complete the application process.
- Graduate Admission application https://www.usc.edu/admission/graduate/applyonline/
- Select Term “Summer” or “Fall.” Please note that summer admission is preferred. Fall admission may be selected if there are extenuating circumstances preventing a summer start.
- Select “International Public Policy and Management – IPPAM (M.I.P.M.)” for Intended Program of Study
- Application fee of $85
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not a degree was earned. To be considered “official,” the transcript must be received by USC in an unopened envelope from your university. You may have your university send the transcript directly to the Price School Admissions Office. Print and complete the Transcript Cover Page for each college/university you have attended. Complete the form, sign it, and ask the registrar of each institution to attach it to your official transcript. Alternatively, you may have your university send the transcript to you, so that you can deliver or mail the transcript to the Price School. Do not open the envelope from your university. The transcript must be delivered to USC in an unopened envelope from your university.
- USC has begun to accept some forms of e-transcripts. Please check with the institution you attended to see if they provide e-transcripts.
Please note that we accept only e-transcripts provided that they are submitted via the following methods:
- eSCRIP SAFE (Grad)
- eTranscriptCA (CCC)
- Texas Server (Grad)
- University to University
If your school does not provide e-transcripts through one of these methods, you must submit a hard copy of your transcripts.
- Your reasons for applying to the International Public Policy and Management Program and how you see the program contributing to your professional goals or personal growth. Describe your academic interests and the skills or knowledge you hope to gain from the program.
International students must also submit the following documents:
- Official TOEFL or IELTS Scores – must be received directly from the testing service and dated no earlier than 2 years (24 months) prior to the start of your intended first term at USC. For TOEFL scores, the institution code for USC is 4852 (no department code is required). To submit an IELTS score, please select the “University of Southern California” from the list of available institutions when you register to take the IELTS test. Do not enter the name, contact information or mailing address of the specific USC department to which you are applying on your IELTS registration. If you have already taken the IELTS, you may request that your IELTS results be sent to USC by contacting the test center where you took the test and requesting that your results be sent to the University of Southern California electronically, not by postal mail. You can search for contact details for all IELTS test centers at www.ielts.org/testcentres. USC will only accept IELTS scores sent electronically from the IELTS test center where you took the test. Paper test report forms received by postal mail or email are not accepted.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, indicating the award of all degrees with the title and date conferred, in the applicant’s native language and an exact translation into English of each document. (Note: Transcripts from English as a Second Language (ESL) schools do not need to be submitted but the name of the ESL program and the dates of attendance should be noted as part of your educational history in the “Academic Background” section of the application).
- A Financial Guarantee Statement showing proof of the ability to pay tuition, university fees, and 13-months of living expenses.
March 15 is the IPPAM application deadline for the summer term. July 1 is the final application deadline for the fall term.
How to Apply
Online: Candidates may apply through USC’s graduate online application system at http://www.usc.edu/admission/graduate. The online system allows you to electronically submit the entire application including USC Price supporting documents — except for official transcripts and a copy of test scores, which should be sent directly to USC Price at the mailing address below.
If you have questions regarding the online application, please call (213) 740-6842 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
USC Price Recruitment and Admissions
650 Childs Way, RGL 111
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0626
Tel: (213) 740-6842
Fax: (213) 740-7573