Potential for distinguished academic and professional achievement is the principal criterion for admission. In general, successful applicants will have at least a B average in undergraduate study with strong grades in math and analytical courses, and high quantitative scores on the GRE.
International Students: May 1
Domestic Students: June 1
For questions about admission or for more information, please contact:
- Marisol Rios, USC Price Director of Recruitment and Admission, at email@example.com or
- Camillia Lee, USC Viterbi Assistant Dean For Graduate & Professional Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed by both the Price School of Public Policy and the Viterbi School of Engineering.
The following items are required in order to complete the applications process:
- a USC Graduate Application — For step-by-step admission guidelines, visit: gradadm.usc.edu/apply
- $90 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (To expedite the processing of your application, please send all transcripts directly to our office.
- USC has begun to accept some forms of e-transcripts. Please check with the institution you attended to see if they provide e-transcripts.
Please note that we accept only e-transcripts provided that they are submitted via the following methods:
- eSCRIP SAFE (Grad)
- eTranscriptCA (CCC)
- Texas Server (Grad)
- University to University
If your school does not provide e-transcripts through one of these methods, you must submit a hard copy of your transcripts. **
- official copy of test scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).(Note: When registering for the GRE, applicants should use the following institution code: GRE 4852)
- a current resume
- three letters of recommendation, including at least one academic reference. Please note: Letters of recommendation must be submitted through the online application system. We will not accept letters of recommendation through postal mail.
- a statement of purpose of approximately 750-1,500 words addressing the following questions:
- Why do you wish to pursue the Master of Science in Public Policy Data Science degree?
- How will the Master of Science in Public Policy Data Science degree affect or enhance your career aspirations and goals?
International students must also submit the following documents:
- official TOEFL/IELTS scores – Official scores must be received directly from the testing service and date no earlier than 2 years (24 months) prior to the start of your intended first term at USC. (Institution code: 4852)
- official transcripts indicating the award of all degrees with the title and date conferred in the applicant’s native language and an exact translation into English of each document
- a financial guarantee statement showing proof of the ability to pay all tuition and living expenses
- To verify application requirements by country, please visit: http://gradadm.usc.edu/faqs/international-students-faqs/preparing-to-apply/