Sacramento Summer Enrichment Programs
Sacramento Summer Enrichment Program (SSEP) Diversity in Leadership
For the past six years, USC Price in Sacramento has hosted the Summer Enrichment Program as a way to give back to our region. With the help of community leaders, SSEP in Public Administration and Healthcare Management is specifically designed to celebrate diversity in leadership. The programs are free to accepted applicants. Since participation is competitive, early applications are encouraged.
SSEP will enhance the participants’ knowledge and understanding in these fields, and therefore better position them to pursue careers in public or health administration.
Who should apply?
Undergraduate students, who are in their Junior or Senior year at an accredited college or university, or recent alumni (within 2 years of graduation) with a B.A. or B.S. can apply. The applicant must be passionate in pursuing administration careers.
Because public and health administrators emerge through a variety of academic backgrounds, all majors are considered. For example, it is not unusual for an engineer, teacher, or horticulturalist to become a public administrator, or for a medical doctor, accountant, or social worker to become a health administrator.
If selected, the applicant must be able to attend all four days at the USC State Capital Center, 1800 I Street, Sacramento, California 95811.
FREE! SSEP is fortunate to receive financial support in order to make the program free to accepted participants. Lunch, snacks, and transportation to site visit locations, are provided on each program day.
Applicants can apply on a rolling basis until Monday, June 1 or until the class fills. Only completed applications will be considered. Successful applicants will be notified by the second week of June.
SSEP Dates & Times
- Monday, July 13 – 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Tuesday, July 14 – 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Monday, July 20 – 9:00am to 6:30pm
- Tuesday, July 21 – 9:00am to 4:00pm
For the Summer Enrichment Program in Los Angeles, please visit their page:
SSEP in Public Administration and Healthcare Management is designed for individuals who are pursing professional careers in government, nonprofit and healthcare organizations. During the sessions, public and nonprofit executives share their insights on the field. Participants will learn more about major issues, skills, and responsibilities involved in healthcare management.
- Foundations in Public Administration and Healthcare Management
- Networking and Informational Interview Techniques
- Perspectives on Public Administration from Local, County, and State Government Leaders
- Perspectives on Health Administration from Nonprofit, Association, and Hospital Leaders
- Site Visits to Healthcare Organizations Serving Diverse and/or Underrepresented Communities
- Tour of the California State Capitol
- Reception with Public, Healthcare and Nonprofit Leaders
- Job Application and Graduate School Application Tips