Faculty and Staff
Throughout its history, the Delinquency Control Institute has strongly supported efforts to serve criminal justice professionals. DCI faculty is drawn substantially from the professional community, and includes individuals from academia, law enforcement, medicine, psychology, psychiatry, social work, law, corrections, the judiciary, and other social service agencies. Staff members include:
Dr. W. Garrett Capune
- Current Director of the Center for the Administration of Justice
- Former chair (and founder) of California State University-Fullerton’s Criminal Justice Department.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate from U.C. Berkeley’s School of Criminology
- Law degree from Greenwich University (U.K.)
Dr. Capune’s experience in criminal justice was as a Federal Agent (U.S. Dept. of State), usually on assignment with local police departments. He has used his background in education and employment to author over 40 articles for academic and popular press publications.
- Current Program Manager
- 22-year veteran of the Manhattan Beach Police Department (MBPD)
- Original member of MBPD S.E.D. Team
- Member of the DCI Board of Directors
On April 4, 1991, Officer Kuhn was awarded the highest honor of his career when he was presented the Medal of Valor for risking his own life, by running into the line of fire to save the life of the victim of a shooting. Officer Kuhn has a special background in helping potential teenage suicide victims and has lectured extensively to students at local area high schools.
- Current Administrative Coordinator
- B.A., Sociology – University of North Carolina, Charlotte
She is currently responsible for admissions processing, expenditure and income monitoring, and donor relations.