Urban Studies and Planning Internships
Each year more than 100 public, private, and nonprofit organizations select USC Price School
students for internships that often lead to jobs. Recent Urban Studies and Planning interns at:
- City of Los Angeles – Office of Councilmember Jose Huizar assisted with Bringing Back Broadway, a 10-year plan to revitalize the Historic Broadway District in Downtown LA.
- Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation worked with the business community, public agencies, educational institutions, and nonprofits to promote the strategic development of the region.
- Monmouth County (New Jersey) Division of Planning supported division staff focused on issues related to planning, growth management, environment, economics, and demographics.
- New Jersey Transit assisted in the development of planning projects focused on transit systems, passenger facilities, and access to improvements in transit, including parking, bicycle and pedestrian facilities.
- Urban Blox provided support for a boutique real estate development firm focused on urban infill properties and introducing sustainable, signature designs to reimagine property use.
- Iteris, Inc. helped project managers by conducting field work as well as preparing presentations and graphics on traffic engineering projects.
- San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency assisted in the development as well as implementation of processes and reporting methods for tracking the goals and objectives of the cable car system.