For a select number of students in the PPD major, USC offers the opportunity to complete a graduate master’s degree while finishing their undergraduate degree. In five years, they emerge with both degrees, ready to excel in the professional workplace.
In USC Price, we currently offer progressive degrees with the:
You will need to meet the following requirements to earn both the bachelor’s and master’s degrees:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA at time of application
- Submit an application when you have completed between 64 and 96 total units of undergraduate course work, (excluding AP, IB, or transfer units earned prior to graduation from high school).
- Complete and submit Application for Admission to a Progressive Master’s Program, including:
- Application form
- STARS report
- Two letters of recommendation from USC faculty
- Proposed Course Plan – the course plan must include all remaining undergraduate course requirements and at least two-thirds of the graduate program requirements
- You are not required to submit GRE or GMAT scores!
- Obtain approval signatures for the application and proposed course plan from:
- Undergraduate program department chair
- Undergraduate program dean
- Master’s program department chair
- Master’s program dean
- Complete all degree requirements for both the bachelor’s degree and the master’s degree with a minimum two-thirds of the units required for the master’s degree at or above the 500 level
- Complete both degree programs within 12 semesters (6 years)
Students can visit the USC Price Program Office in RGL 102 for application materials and questions or contact the following program administrators:
Master of Health Administration
Liam Gillen, Program Administrator
Master of Planning
Julie Kim, Program Administrator
Master of Public Administration
Kim Greene, Program Administrator
|Program||Spring Deadline||Fall Deadline|
|Master of Health Administration||N/A||February 1 (if this date falls on a weekend, the deadline is the next business day)|
|Master of Planning||September 15 (if this date falls on a weekend, the deadline is the next business day)||February 1 (if this date falls on a weekend, the deadline is the next business day)|
|Master of Public Administration||September 15 (if this date falls on a weekend, the deadline is the next business day)||February 1 (if this date falls on a weekend, the deadline is the next business day)|
* PLEASE NOTE: There is no admittance for summer.