THE EDWARD C. M. AND YOLANDA WONG ENDOWED INTER-DISCIPLINARY RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
The Wong Fellowship affords Price students the opportunity to conduct interdisciplinary research in collaboration with a Price faculty member. Students who wish to pursue independent study opportunities or applied research projects that explore the intersections of architecture and/or business, and public policy, urban planning and development are strongly encouraged to apply. Support from this Fellowship is yet another pathway to expand the interdisciplinary and intersectoral educational opportunities that the Price School is committed to providing our students.
Fellowship funds will be used to support research-related travel or other expenses related to fieldwork opportunities for independent study. This research may be completed in a domestic or international environment.
- A declared major in the Price School of Public Policy
- At least a 3.0 cumulative USC and major GPA
- Signed agreement with a Price full-time faculty sponsor (including tenure-track, non-tenure-track and adjunct faculty who teach in the undergraduate program at Price)
- At least one-year of cross-disciplinary coursework prior to submitting an application, thereby demonstrating the necessary background to complete the proposed project. Each application must provide a clear description of how the student’s specific choice of interdisciplinary studies will support his/her career aspirations and must identify a specific research question or area the student wishes to further explore.
- The maximum amount of the award is $5000 (students may receive less depending on the costs associated with their research and whether other funding was granted). Students should be realistic in their request for funding, and they may receive less funding than they request.
- The award is to cover costs of research. These costs may include travel, equipment, living expenses and other fees associated with the research.
- A specific and detailed budget must be submitted with the application for funding.
- The award will be provided as a single payment to the student’s university account. Please note: this award must be listed on the student’s financial aid application, and may affect financial aid awards. Please contact the Financial Aid office for more information.
- All funds will be disbursed in accordance with customary policies and procedures of the University.
- Upon completion of the research project, the student will present his/her findings to the selection committee and to the donor via Skype or some other medium.
- If the student fails to complete the project or fails to meet research obligations as part of a faculty project, and the student’s faculty sponsor denies final approval, the funds will be withdrawn from the student’s account.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR FUNDING
- Choose a Price faculty sponsor. If you are unsure about the faculty member’s eligibility, contact the undergraduate programs office in RGL 102.
- Print, complete and have your faculty sponsor sign the application form.
- Submit a one-page description of the research plan you have developed in collaboration with your faculty sponsor. The plan must include a clear description of how your specific choice of interdisciplinary studies will support your career aspirations and must identify a specific research question or area you wish to further explore.
- Prepare a budget associated with your research.
- Submit a letter of agreement in support of your application from your faculty sponsor. Faculty who submit these letters are encouraged to note why this student should receive funding. These awards are competitive.
- Submit a current STARS report.
Submit your application (include all the documents above) in person to RGL 102 or via email to Jim Lee at email@example.com.
Applications are considered on an individual basis. The selection committee makes all final decisions on selection and funding.
More information about the Wong Fellowship is available on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
APPLICATION DUE DATE: December 6, by 5p.m.
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DUE DATE.