Application and Registration
Applications are accepted in the fall for the following spring semester. The application can be downloaded from this page or a paper copy is available in RGL 108.
- Application Materials
- Application Deadlines
- Application Submission
- Applicant Interview
The following items are required to be considered for the Washington Semester program:
- cover sheet (included in the application packet)
- current resume
- essay — Students should address what they hope to gain from a Washington Semester experience
- two sealed letters of recommendation (at least one from an academic source)
- unofficial transcript from USC – In general, successful applicants have a minimum 3.0 grade point average (GPA)
- a writing sample (i.e., 3-4 page analytical paper submitted for a class)
- internship choices—Once students are admitted to the Washington Semester program they will be given access to a password protected internship database consisting of 300+ internships. Students will receive resume assistance and advice from the GWU Washington Semester staff and will be encouraged to contact agencies on their own.
- an articulation agreement to be obtained upon admittance into the program and filled out with your academic advisor
- professional interview with the DC semester coordinator
November 1, 2013 for Spring 2014 Admission
The following downloadable file is in Adobe PDF Format.
Applications should be submitted to:
Megan Curran, Washington Semester Coordinator
USC Sol Price School of Public Policy
Ralph and Goldy Lewis Hall 108
Los Angeles, California 90089-0626
A 20-minute interview is part of the application process and will take place in the days immediately following the application deadline. Interview sign-ups take place when the application is submitted.
Students participating in the program register at USC, as well as at The George Washington University (GWU). Students will be given directions on how to register once admitted into the program.