USC Price School of Public Policy

Canceling Enrollment

Students who need to drop all of their classes in a given semester have three ways in which they may cancel or drop all enrolled classes:

  • completing a blue Request for Change of Program application in person at the Registration Building, 601 Exposition Blvd
  • sending a letter requesting to withdraw from all classes to the Registration Department, Los Angeles, CA 90089–0912
  • faxing a request to the Registration Department, (213) 821-3724 to withdraw from all classes

Students may not drop all of their classes via the web or touchtone.

All withdrawals must be requested, received and processed by the end of the third week of class for sessions lasting 12 or more weeks to be eligible for 100% refund. For sessions lasting less than 12 weeks, students should contact the academic unit for refund information.

Students who need to cancel their enrollment:

  • during the fall or spring semester must submit a Leave of Absence with their student services advisor prior to the end of the third week of class
  • after the third week of class should also file the following requesting readmission so that they may register in the upcoming semester:
  • between the fourth and twelfth weeks of class should note that they will receive marks of “W” on their transcripts

Student Housing
Students who are living in USC housing should inform the Housing and Residence Halls Office. Students may be liable for housing charges. Students receiving financial aid should contact the Financial Aid Office to determine how this affects their future financial aid eligibility.

Family or Medical Emergencies
Students with extenuating circumstances that prevent them from completing their courses after the twelfth week of class should talk to their professors about requesting grades of Incomplete in those courses. Incompletes (IN) are only available for family or medical emergencies.