EPIX Original docuseries ‘America Divided’ screenings
The USC Sol Price School of Public Policy and the USC Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism invite you to attend a series of screenings of the EPIX original docuseries, “America Divided,” throughout February and March.
And on March 22, Price and Annenberg are hosting a panel discussion featuring EPIX CEO Mark Greenberg, along with both Dean Jack Knott and Dean Ernest Wilson. The panel, which will be moderated by USC Schwarzenegger Institute Global Director Bonnie Reiss take place at Wallis Annenberg Hall (ANN) Auditorium at 4:30 p.m. RSVP required (more information to follow).
America Divided is a five-episode docuseries executive produced by Common, Norman Lear, and Shonda Rhimes that features narratives around inequality in education, housing, healthcare, labor, criminal justice and the political system. The show follows high-profile correspondents as they explore aspects of inequality related to their own biographies. Correspondents include: Common, Rosario Dawson, America Ferrera, Zach Galifianakis, Norman Lear, Amy Poehler, Peter Sarsgaard, and Jesse Williams. Watch the trailer »
Given the significance of these timely issues, Price and Annenberg are excited to engage members of both schools in events that promote dialogue and further understanding around the critical challenges that communities across the nation face today.
Below is a schedule of the upcoming screenings:
- Episode 1: Criminal justice; the Flint water crisis; gentrification in New York City
Monday, February 13 – 5:30pm in RGL 100
- Episode 2: Racial discrimination in housing; continuation of the Flint water crisis; school system inequality
Wednesday, February 22 – 5:30pm in RGL 100
- Episode 3: Dismantling the school-to-prison pipeline; the addiction crisis; a report on the lives of the undocumented in the Rio Grande Valley
Monday, February 27 – 5:30pm in RGL 100
- Episode 4: Continuation of the report on the lives of the undocumented in Texas; how unemployment has led to the addiction crisis; the changing political landscape
Wednesday, March 8 – 5:30pm in RGL 100
- Episode 5: Deepening political divide; the fight to pass a Domestic Workers Bill of Rights
Monday, March 20 – 5:30pm in RGL 100