Save the Date!
11:00am – 1:00pm
The Price Virtual Internship Fair connects students with employers seeking internship candidates in public administration, public policy and urban planning roles.
- Update your resume using Smart Resume.
- Update your LinkedIn profile.
- Spend some time reviewing the mission, values, and programs/services of the organizations you’re most interested in connecting with. Be sure to be able to articulate your interest in these organizations.
- Practice a professional introduction that is short but signifies the best of you (use this 30 sec elevator pitch template to guide you)
- Create a document with questions and your professional introduction to refer to. Note* be prepared to connect via video as well for the virtual career fair (you can copy and paste your introduction into the chat)
- Remember to ask the person how you should follow-up
- If you have any questions about preparing for the Internship Fair, make an appointment with a Price Career Advisor
Event Expectations: What to Do
- If participating in video chats for the virtual event, it is recommended that participants wear business casual, smart casual, or business/informal (at least your top half!)
- Make a list of organizations in which you are interested and research them. Visit their websites, learn their latest news, and prepare questions. Your preparation will become evident in your interaction with employers and you will stand out.
- Be sure to collect contact information from whoever you connect with in the virtual room.
- Remember to ask the person how you should follow-up. (Email, call, LinkedIn, other – everyone has their own preferred way of communication)
- Follow up with the contacts you’ve made within 24-48 hours, or whatever you both agreed to during the conversation. (There is no standard answer because everyone has their own preference
- Here is Handshake’s Guide to Attending a Virtual Fair to learn more on how to register for sessions, preparation before attending the career fair, participating on the day of and general FAQs
Remember: any contact is a good connection regardless of their background and position!
Price Cancellation Policy
All cancellations must be made in writing to[email protected] at least 48 business hours in advance of the event. Any cancellations after that time will be considered a no-show. Students who no-show to events may lose the privilege of RSVPing for future events with limited spaces. Your registration can not be transferred to another student.