Now utilizing the Brazen virtual event platform to give you access to text, voice call, and/or video call with alumni and industry professionals. View Brazen registration information below.
Save the Date!
11: 00 AM – 1:00 PM
The Virtual Internship Expo connect students with employers seeking interns in public administration, public policy and urban planning roles.
- Update your resume using Smart Resume.
- Update your LinkedIn profile.
- Add your resume to your Brazen profile
- Spend some time reviewing the mission, values, and programs/services of the organizations you’re most interested in connecting with. Be sure to be able to articulate your interest in these organizations.
- Create a professional introduction that is short but signifies the best of you (use this 30 sec elevator pitch template to guide you)
- Create a document with questions and your professional introduction to refer to during chats. Note* be prepared to connect via video as well
- Prepare networking questions to use as icebreakers and within the flow of conversation
- Remember to ask the person how you should follow-up
- If you have any questions about preparing for the Career Fair, make an appointment with a Price Career Advisor
Event Expectations: What to Do
- If participating in video chats, it is recommended that participants wear business casual, smart casual, or business/informal (at least your top half!)
- Review and research attending alumni and organizations on Brazen and LinkedIn
- Be sure to collect contact information from whoever you connect with in the booth (You will randomly connect to someone in the booth if they have more than one representative.)
- Remember to ask the person how you should follow-up. (Email, call, LinkedIn, other – everyone has their own preferred way of communication)
- Follow up with the contacts you’ve made within 24-48 hours, or whatever you both agreed to during the conversation. (There is no standard answer because everyone has their own preference
- 8 Tips for Making Meaningful Connections at Virtual Networking Events and Online Career Fairs
- For details on the Brazen system, how it works and general FAQ’s see the Brazen Tutorial tab below
Remember: any contact is a good connection regardless of their background and position!
Price Cancellation Policy
All cancellations must be made in writing to[email protected] at least 48 business hours in advance of the event. Any cancellations after that time will be considered a no-show. Students who no-show to events may lose the privilege of RSVPing for future events with limited spaces. Your registration can not be transferred to another student.