Certificate in Public Financial Management
Complex social and economic climates — at the national, state, and local level — make sound public financial management essential to the fiscal sustainability and growth of communities everywhere. The Certificate in Public Financial Management program provides students with the skills to analyze financial information, assess public sector finance systems, prepare and manage budgets, and ensure the financial accountability of public organizations.
Complete each of the following courses (12 units):
- PPD 501a – Economics for Policy, Planning and Development
- PPD 501b – Economics for Policy, Planning and Development
- PPD 541 – Public Financial Management and Budgeting
- PPD 647 – Finance of the Public Sector
Complete one of the following (4 units):
- PPD 624 – Local Economic Development: Theory and Finance
- PPD 625 – Planning and Economic Development Finance
- PPD 652 – Financial Administration in Local Government
Note: Course substitutions are permitted with advanced approval of the program director. Any of the above courses taken to satisfy normal degree requirements count also toward this certificate requirements up to the university’s maximum double counting rules.
Admission Requirements and Application Procedures
Current USC Graduate Students — Applicants for the Certificate in Political Management who are currently enrolled in a graduate program at USC (and are in good standing with a 3.0 GPA ) need only submit the appropriate paperwork for adding the certificate program, which may be obtained from the student services advisor in RGL 102.
Prospective Applicants — Applicants who have not matriculated at USC must make a formal application at the USC Graduate Admission website.
Applicants must submit the following items:
- Official transcripts from ALL institutions attended sent directly to our office:
Office of Recruitment and Admissions
650 Child’s Way – RGL 111
Los Angeles, CA 90089
2. Resume (upload via online application)
3. Letter of Recommendation (uploaded via online application)
Please contact the USC Price Office of Admissions at email@example.com for more information.