Potential for distinguished academic and professional achievement is the principal criterion for admission to the MHA program. In assessing an application the admission committee evaluates:
- Past performance as evidenced by grades, work experience and community service.
- Future promise as indicated by performance on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), and letters of recommendation.
- Commitment to educational and career goals, as demonstrated particularly in the writing sample.
In general, successful applicants will have attained at least a 3.0 undergraduate GPA and an above average score on the GRE or GMAT.
Students are encouraged to submit applications prior to December 15, should they wish to be considered for USC Price Scholarships. Since the admission review process does not include an interview, submitted materials should present student qualifications clearly and completely.
The following items are required in order to complete the applications process:
(NOTE: For your convenience, please save and use the Application Checklist)
- a USC Graduate Application — For step-by-step admission guidelines, visit: gradadm.usc.edu/apply
- $90 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (To expedite the processing of your application, please send all transcripts directly to our office.) **USC has begun to accept some forms of e-transcripts. Please check with the institution you attended to see if they provide e-transcripts. Please note that we accept only e-transcripts submitted via the following methods:
- eSCRIP SAFE (Grad)
- eTranscriptCA (CCC)
- Texas Server (Grad)
- University to University
If your school does not provide e-transcripts through one of these methods, you must submit a hard copy of your transcripts. **
- Official copy of test scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Note: When registering for the GRE or GMAT, applicants should use the following institution codes: GRE 4852 or GMAT 389-CL-68
- Current resume
- Three letters of recommendation, including at least one academic reference. Please note: Letters of recommendation must be submitted through the online application system. We will not accept letters of recommendation through postal mail.
- Statement of Purpose of approximately 750-1,500 words addressing the following questions:
- What are your expectations of the graduate health administration program at USC?
- How will the program prepare you intellectually and practically to succeed in your chosen professional activities?
- What personal, professional and educational experiences have prepared you to succeed at USC?
- USC Price Scholarship Application Essays (If you wish to be considered for USC Price-sponsored scholarships, complete Scholarship Application Essays through USC Graduate Application online)
- Official TOEFL/IELTS scores – Official scores must be received directly from the testing service and date no earlier than 2 years (24 months) prior to the start of your intended first term at USC. (Institution code: 4852)
- Official transcripts indicating the award of all degrees with the title and date conferred in the applicant’s native language and an exact translation into English of each document
- Financial guarantee statement showing proof of ability to pay all tuition and living expenses
- To verify application requirements by country, please visit the International Graduate Student FAQ.
December 15 (scholarship deadline)
May 1 (international applicant final deadline)
July 1 (domestic applicant final deadline)
USC Price offers scholarships for domestic and international students. Please visit the Financial Aid section of our Web site for more details and an application. The USC Financial Aid Office also provides financial aid packages to U.S. citizens and eligible non-U.S. citizens for loans and work-study. Additional information is available in the Supplemental Admission and Financial Aid materials.
Scholarship awards are made at the time of admission. Applicants who wish to be considered for USC Price scholarships must complete their admission file by December 15 and turn in the USC Price Scholarship Application Form. Awards to new students are generally renewable for a second year, assuming satisfactory academic progress in accord with university-set standards for graduate students. Awards must be used toward a degree program in USC Price.
USC also participates in federal loan programs. Graduate students who demonstrate financial need are considered for low-interest Stafford Loans as well as for College Work Study grants. Additional information is available in the Supplemental Admission and Financial Aid materials. Students who do not qualify for these programs or continue to have unmet need are encouraged to apply for supplemental loans for students.
How to Apply
Online: Candidates may apply through USC’s Graduate Online Application System. The online system allows you to electronically submit the entire application including USC Price supporting documents — except for official transcripts and a copy of test scores, which should be sent directly to USC Price at the mailing address:
USC Price Recruitment and Admissions
650 Childs Way, RGL 111
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0626
Tel: (213) 740-0550
Fax: (213) 740-7573
E-mail: [email protected]