USC Diversity in Healthcare Leadership Initiative
2019 Summer Enrichment Program
The enrichment program is designed to increase student awareness of healthcare management as a career and is offered in both Sacramento and Los Angeles. The Los Angeles program meets on the following dates: July 22-26, 2019.
- On campus presentations featuring:
- Faculty, alumni, healthcare leaders
- Projects and presentations to stimulate learning and build supportive relationships
- Information on a variety of career options in healthcare management
- Site visits
- Visits to health care organizations serving diverse and/or underrepresented communities and/or led by executives of color
- Community service volunteers for a day
- Post-SEP Mentoring and Application Support
- Informal counseling and mentoring
- Maintain contact and communication
- Guidance about applying to graduate school
What is the purpose?
To provide students with the opportunity to learn more about the major issues, skills, and responsibilities involved in health care management. The program will enhance students’ knowledge and understanding of the ﬁeld and therefore, better position them to pursue a career in health care management or health policy.
Applications must be received by May 31, 2019, in order to be considered for review. The Selection Committee will only review and evaluate complete applications!
LaVonna Blair Lewis, Ph.D., MPH
Teaching Professor of Public Policy and
Director, Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives