Potential for distinguished academic and professional achievement is the principal criterion for admission to the USC Price Master of Nonprofit Leadership and Management program. In assessing an application, the admission committee evaluates:
- Past performance as evidenced by grades, work experience and community service.
- Future promise as indicated by performance on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and letters of recommendation.
- Commitment to educational and career goals, as demonstrated particularly by the writing sample.
In general, successful applicants will have at least a 3.0 undergraduate GPA and an above average score on the GRE or GMAT.
Individuals with 5+ years of professional experience and an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above may be waived from taking the GRE and GMAT; however, those applying for scholarships must submit a GRE or GMAT test score. Applicants who wish to be considered for this waiver or have questions on what will be considered “5+ years of professional experience,” should contact the Office of Recruitment and Admission before applying to the MNLM program.
Admission is to the fall semester only. As the admission review process does not include an interview, submitted materials should present an applicant’s qualifications clearly and completely.
The following items are required to complete the applications process:
(NOTE: For your convenience, please use the Application Checklist)
- a USC Graduate Application — For step-by-step admission guidelines, visit: gradadm.usc.edu/apply
- $90 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- To expedite processing, please send all transcripts directly to our office.
- USC has begun to accept some forms of e-transcripts. Please check with the institution you attended to see if they provide e-transcripts. We only accept e-transcripts submitted via the following methods:
- eSCRIP SAFE (Grad)
- eTranscriptCA (CCC)
- Texas Server (Grad)
- University to University
If your prior institution does not provide e-transcripts through one of these methods, you must submit a hard copy of your transcripts.
Note: When registering for an exam, applicants should use the following institution code: GRE 4852 or GMAT 389-CL-24).
- MNLM applicants are required to have a minimum of 1 year full-time work experience following completion of the bachelor’s degree. Experience must be in nonprofit or a closely related field. Students who have worked directly with nonprofit organizations are best prepared for the MNLM program.
- Why do you wish to pursue the Master of Nonprofit Leadership and Management degree?
- How will the Master of Nonprofit Leadership and Management degree affect or enhance your career goals?
- Official TOEFL/IELTS scores – Official scores must be received directly from the testing service and date no earlier than 2 years (24 months) prior to the start of your intended first term at USC. (Institution code: 4852)
- Official transcripts indicating the all degrees received with the title and date conferred in the applicant’s native language and an exact translation into English for each document
- Financial Guarantee Statement showing proof of ability to pay all tuition and living expenses
- To verify application requirements by country, please visit the International Student Admission FAQ:
- December 15 – scholarship deadline
- July 1 – final deadline
How to Apply
Online: Candidates may apply through USC’s Graduate Online Application System. The online system allows electronic submission of the application, including USC Price supporting documents. However, all official transcripts and test scores must be mailed directly to USC Price:
USC Price Recruitment and Admissions
650 Childs Way, RGL 111
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0626
Tel: (213) 740-0550
Fax: (213) 740-7573