Master of Public Administration
A fast-paced career in public administration provides opportunities to shape the future and create positive impact on society. Today, successful public sector managers think strategically and envision the near- and long-term implications of policies they advocate. They integrate local and regional priorities and navigate state and federal regulations to achieve effective outcomes for the constituencies they serve.
The USC Price MPA consists of 40 units and is normally completed in two years by early and mid-career professionals, who simultaneously manage demanding careers.
Recent alumni are employed in a wide range of occupations that engage them in the following types of activities:
- Planning and implementing state policies in the executive branch
- Managing the finances of public utility districts
- Researching criminal justice policies
- Coordinating housing and community development
- Lobbying the legislature on behalf of associations, organizations, cities and state agencies
- Serving as officers in the foreign service
- Providing public relations and advocacy services
- Analyzing fiscal policies for education programs
- Directing health centers, institutes, and operations
- Developing policies to improve health care delivery
- Managing public affairs for agencies and associations
- Running political campaigns
- Leading nonprofit agencies and associations
- Leading human resource departments
The Master of Public Administration program at the USC Price School ranks among the top public administration programs in the nation. It is rated 2nd overall among public affairs schools nationwide and ranks 4th for the public management/administration specialty, according to the U.S. News & World Report.
For more information about the USC Price Master of Public Administration program in Sacramento, please contact:
Sol Price School of Public Policy
USC State Capital Center
1800 I Street
Sacramento, CA 95811