Law Enforcement Advanced Development (LEAD) Certificate Program
June 2017 – June 2018
Sworn personnel up to the rank of Lieutenant; probationary employees are not eligible to apply.
Applying to this program requires completion of an online application. Apply now »
1. Introduce strategies for understanding and managing behavior of individuals whose characteristics often incite use of force.
2. Offer methods for reducing the need to intervene repeatedly with families involved in domestic violence
3. Increase alternatives for responding to homeless individuals and families.
4. Identify the effects of PTSD, schizophrenia and other behavior disorders and suggest approaches for management
5. Survey current understanding of adolescent psychology and development to strengthen officers’ effectiveness in working this group.
6. Provide advanced techniques for understanding and combatting human trafficking
7. Improve confidence in the use of personal and professional skills to maintain safety and manage difficult encounters
8. Provide practice in communication skills with the public and facilitate partnerships with communities.