Bachelor of Science in Public Policy
Bachelor of Science in Public Policy Program
Are you interested in?
- Ensuring access to and affordability of high-quality health care?
- Preserving our environment while fostering economic growth?
- Finding innovative solutions to social problems?
- Working with government, business, and community groups to lead sustainable change?
The USC Price School’s Bachelor of Science in Public Policy offers an education combining rigorous academic coursework in economics, political science, quantitative methods, and leadership with the practical experience needed to effectively engage communities and address solutions to large-scale local, regional, national, and international problems. Price faculty are actively engaged in public policy issues that transcend national boundaries and bring together leaders in public, private, and nonprofit arenas.
Public Policy graduates will be prepared to enter top law, public policy, education policy, health policy, and urban planning graduate programs, including those at the Price School. The practical application components of the program also make graduates competitive for entry-level jobs with public, private, and nonprofit organizations.
What you will gain through the B.S. in Public Policy program:
- A balanced, well-rounded liberal arts education with an opportunity to earn a minor and, in some cases, a double major or progressive degree
- Quantitative and qualitative skills to formulate, evaluate and implement different policy solutions
- Opportunities to develop and practice writing, public speaking, and communication skills empowering you to communicate effectively with constituents from diverse backgrounds
- A network of faculty, alumni, and fellow students to help you advance in your career
- An understanding of the roles and limitations of government, nonprofits, foundations, and private organizations in the policy-making process
- Strategies for navigating political and economic landscapes to achieve objectives