Bachelor of Science in Urban Studies and Planning
Bachelor of Science in Urban Studies and Planning Program
Do you want to have an impact on cities by:
- Increasing opportunities for affordable housing?
- Designing healthy neighborhoods and communities?
- Promoting environmental sustainability?
- Fostering social justice and equity?
- Creating thoughtful and effective city planning?
- Working with government, business, and community groups to develop solutions to local, regional, national, and international problems?
These are all challenges faced by cities today. Every human problem is an urban problem, and every human advancement occurs in cities. For the first time in history, half of the world’s population lives in cities. Through rigorous coursework and practical experience, the Price School’s Bachelor of Science in Urban Studies and Planning gives you the tools you need to effect real and lasting change in urban environments.
The learning objectives of the B.S. in Urban Studies and Planning program provide you with:
- A balanced, well-rounded liberal arts education with an opportunity to earn a minor and, in some cases, a second bachelor’s degree, or progressive degree
- Theoretical foundations and practical applications through a set of cross-cutting introductory courses
- Opportunities to develop and practice writing, public speaking, and communication skills empowering you to communicate effectively with constituents from diverse backgrounds
- A network of faculty, alumni, and fellow students to help you advance in your career
- Analytical techniques for urban sustainability, methods for stakeholder engagement, approaches for poverty alleviation, and the role of the built environment and geographic data in city problem solving
- Training to be leaders and innovators in all aspects of urban planning
USC Price maintains a comprehensive job opportunities database, updated continuously and available to current Price students and alumni.
You will also have unique opportunities to connect with employers locally, nationally, and globally through internships and the capstone experience.
Graduates are well-positioned for immediate employment or competitive graduate programs.