The USC Sol Price School of Public Policy proudly adheres to the highest standards of academic excellence and integrity. Our outstanding students are similarly expected to maintain these standards as they pursue their degrees. The Price School provides a variety of academic resources, support structures, and advisement services to assist our students in navigating a path to graduation and a productive career.
Price School academic policies are built on university policies as well as the recommendations of our renowned faculty. Given our rigorous policies, we believe this not only increases our reputation as a top school in the field, but also gives students an advantage when they enter the public, private, or non-profit workforce.
Assignment of Advisors
Students pursuing degrees in the Price School are assigned both a faculty advisor and a Student Services Advisor.
Faculty Advisor role:
- helps students narrow his/her areas of interest
- connects them with faculty members who have similar interests
- apprises students of academic and professional development opportunities
Student Services Advisor role:
- assists students with all administrative aspects of their academic progress at USC
- grants exceptions
- works with student in satisfying prerequisites
- facilitates process to file for graduation
The undergraduate Student Services Advisor assists students in class selection and, when appropriate, lifts advisement holds. Students are encouraged to seek advisement from their advisors each semester prior to registration.