Frequently Asked Questions

17847092036_584d85f32a_nUSC Commencement website:

Map of campus showing lineup points, seating, etc.:
Download map (PDF) »

My son/daughter has not received any information about commencement activities!
Information has gone out to all Price School students via email from the Price School Commencement Coordinator. Sometimes students do not receive important information because their mailbox is full.

How do I know if my son/daughter is graduating?
Graduates should review their official university record for accuracy. It is each student’s responsibility to make certain that their academic and financial records are in order. Students should also be aware of university academic and procedural policies. Resources to reference include the USC Catalogue, SCAMPUS, and the Schedule of Classes.

All students should review their USC academic record on OASIS for an errors (completed course summary or the STARS report).

  • A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 is required to earn a graduate degree. For masters’ students, all degree requirements must be completed by the end of the semester of expected graduation as indicated on the student’s STARS Report.
  • MHA students: Degrees will be conferred upon completion of all required coursework AND residency requirements.
  • MPA students: Pre-service students are also required to complete the Internship Seminar course AND an internship.

I qualify for honors. When will I receive my honors cords?
Price undergraduates receive honor cords at the Price School Awards Ceremony. An invitation to the Ceremony will be sent to eligible students. Honor cords are for undergraduate students only.

Undergraduate Honors (University)
To be eligible for undergraduate honors at graduation, a minimum overall GPA of 3.5 for cum laude, 3.7 for magna cum laude, and 3.9 for summa cum laude is required. Students must meet these averages for residence work attempted, and combined transferred and residence work attempted. GPA calculations are truncated, not rounded. University honors are noted on academic transcripts and the diploma. Refer to the “Academic Policies” [Requirements for Graduation] section of the USC Catalogue.

Do students have to register for Commencement?
Yes. The Price School requires registration for the satellite ceremonies. Emails are sent to students reminding them of the information needed and links to register. The links are also included in the commencement information on the USC Price website:

There is no sign-up process for participation in the main USC ceremony at 8:30 AM.

I will be finishing my degree requirements next fall. Can I participate in this year’s graduation ceremony?
While Fall 2016 graduates may walk in Spring, their names will not appear in this year’s university commencement program — it will be listed in next year’s program. Students who walk early will be recognized at the Price Satellite Ceremony if they have registered (see above).

Undergraduate students who walk early will rent a cap and gown at the bookstore, but they are not eligible to wear a university Honor Cord.

How do I order my announcements, class ring, and diploma frame?
All items are sold by Herff Jones, and may be ordered together as a package through the company’s official website.

How do I order regalia?

Obtaining Your Diploma
Diplomas will be available 4-8 weeks after your final semester. Students are responsible for checking the accuracy of their name, as well as local and permanent addresses on file with USC. The way your name reads on your student record is the way it will appear on your diploma. Once your degree has posted your name cannot not be changed.

Diplomas are mailed to the permanent address on file. To avoid any delay in receiving the diploma, students should verify that the permanent address on file with USC will be valid for at least three months following their final semester of study and degree conferral date.

Any name change/correction must be submitted prior to your degree being posted.
If your degree has not been posted, you can request a name change through the Office of Academic Records and Registrar department. If you wish to correct the name that is currently on record, DO THIS NOW.

Any address updates can be made through OASIS. Commencement information is sent to the local address on file.