Certificate in Public Management
This program provides students with a solid foundation of training and skills in management. Individuals who need training in public administration but who are unable to enroll for the Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) degree may find this certificate program of particular interest. Key to the program’s success is the close integration of the academic curriculum and the application of skills and theory to managerial work assignments. Students may enroll at any time throughout the year.
- Public Administration and Society (PPD 540)
- Policy and Program Evaluation (PPD 542)
- Human Behavior in Public Organizations (PPD 545)
- One four-unit elective (500-level offering in the PPD curriculum)
Admission Requirements and Application Procedures
Current USC Graduate Students — Applicants for the Certificate in Public Management who are currently enrolled in a graduate program at USC and are in good standing with a 3.0 GPA only need to submit the appropriate paperwork for adding the certificate program, which may be obtained from the student services advisor in RGL 102.
Prospective Applicants — Applicants for the Certificate in Public Management who have not matriculated at USC must make a formal application at the USC Graduate Admissions website: http://www.usc.edu/admission/graduate/
Applicants must submit the following items:
- official transcripts from ALL institutions attended directly to our office listed below:
Office of Recruitment and Admissions
650 Child’s Way – RGL 111
Los Angeles, CA 90089
- Resume (upload via online application)
- A Letter of Recommendation (uploaded via online application)
Spring 2014 deadline – November 1, 2013
Summer 2014 deadline – April 1, 2014
Fall 2014 deadline – July 1, 2014
Please contact the USC Price Office of Admissions at email@example.com for more information.