About the Price School
The mission of the USC Sol Price School of Public Policy is to improve the quality of life for people and their communities, here and abroad.
We achieve this mission through education and research that promote innovative solutions to the most critical issues facing society.
The Price School offers six professional master’s degree programs, three executive master’s degree programs, Ph.D. programs, a professional doctorate, and two undergraduate degree programs. In addition, USC Price also offers online degree programs.
The six master’s level programs – in Public Policy, Public Administration, Nonprofit Leadership and Management, Urban Planning, Real Estate Development, and Health Policy and Management – join theory with practice and emphasize experiential and professional learning. The doctoral programs allow a select group of students to work closely with faculty on important areas of research and scholarly inquiry. Graduate-level students at the Price School have considerable latitude to design their own programs in order to pursue their specialized areas of interest and further their professional development. Undergraduates pursue the Bachelor of Science in Policy, Planning, and Development or the Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Development, which prepares students for either graduate school or the job market. For mid-career professionals, the Price School offers the Executive Master of Health Administration, the Executive Master of Leadership, and the International Public Policy and Management program.
A USC Price School Education
In today’s world of dynamic change and globalization, social challenges have become increasingly complex. Solving society’s most pressing issues – including sustainability and the environment, healthcare reform, immigration, infrastructure, urban development, social planning and policy, affordable housing and governance – now requires innovation and collaboration. These issues call for leaders who are able to move beyond their areas of expertise and work across the public, private and nonprofit sectors to find vital solutions.
Through its interdisciplinary approach, the school educates students to serve as innovators – and leaders – in their field. The school’s degree programs draw on the expertise of faculty and practicing professionals to create a learning environment whose breadth and depth sets the Price School apart from all schools of its kind. In 2012, the school ranked sixth nationwide among “America’s Best Graduate Schools” for public affairs, according to U.S. News & World Report.
At the Price School, students receive an enriching education that:
- Combines social sciences, professional expertise, and the resources of a great research university to offer students breadth, depth, and variety as they pursue their interests and design their programs.
- Centers on and values the relationships that develop between students and teachers.
- Offers both academic and relevant real-world experiences, and draws widely on the expertise of networks of engaged councilors, advisors, alumni, and prominent professionals.
- Encourages innovation, entrepreneurship, experimentation, and collaboration.
- Fosters a multidisciplinary and problem-solving ethic.
- Focuses broadly and inclusively on the issues, constituencies, structures, and institutions engaged in public life – in both governance and the built environment.
- Utilizes the City of Los Angeles and the greater Southern California region as a living laboratory in which to learn and put into practice the lessons of the classroom.