Public Policy Internships
USC Sol Price School of Public Policy students are selected for internships with more than 100 public, private, and nonprofit organizations each year that often lead to jobs. Recent Public Policy interns at:
- Office of U.S. Congresswoman Janice Hahn performed legislative research, assisted with social media, responded to constituent concerns, and conducted tours of the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.
- California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services gathered and analyzed data for OES executives and worked with local communities to implement projects and policies.
- Office of U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer assisted with community outreach projects, reviewed constituent cases, and assisted in responding to constituent queries.
- Providence Saint John’s Health Center assisted the Chief Medical Officer with daily operations and long-term projects.
- AARP California engaged in volunteer management and advocacy work.
- Children’s Defense Fund worked with child advocates to champion policies and programs focused on lifting America’s children out of poverty and unsafe environments.
- Beach Cities Health District worked on preventative health initiatives for members of the Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, and Manhattan Beach communities.
- Mercy Ships worked for an international NGO that provides free health care, education, mental health programs, and agricultural programs worldwide.
- Homeboy Industries supported volunteer networks and fundraising initiatives for social entrepreneurship ventures of former gang members.