USC Diversity in Healthcare Leadership Initiative
2016 Summer Enrichment Program
The enrichment program is designed to increase student awareness of healthcare management as a career and is offered in both Sacramento and Los Angeles. The Los Angeles program meets on the following dates: July 25-29, 2016.
- On campus presentations featuring:
- Faculty, alumni, healthcare leaders
- Projects and presentations to stimulate learning and build supportive relationships
- Information on a variety of career options in healthcare management
- Site visits
- Visits to health care organizations serving diverse and/or underrepresented communities and/or led by executives of color
- Community service volunteers for a day
- Post-SEP Mentoring and Application Support
- Informal counseling and mentoring
- Maintain contact and communication
- Guidance about applying to graduate school
What is the purpose?
To provide students with the opportunity to learn more about the major issues, skills, and responsibilities involved in healthcare management. The program will enhance student’s knowledge and understanding of the field and therefore, better position you to pursue a career in healthcare management.
Applications must be received by May 31, 2016, in order to be considered for review. The Selection Committee will only review and evaluate complete applications!
LaVonna Blair Lewis, Ph.D., MPH