Potential for distinguished academic and professional achievement is the principal criterion for admission to the MHA program. In assessing an application, the admission committee evaluates:
- past performance as evidenced by grades, work experience and community service
- future promise as indicated by performance on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), and letters of recommendation
- commitment to educational and career goals, as demonstrated particularly in the writing sample
In general, successful applicants will have attained at least a 3.0 undergraduate grade point average (GPA) and an above average score on the GRE or GMAT.
Students are encouraged to submit applications prior to December 15 in order to be considered for USC Price Scholarships. Since the admission review process does not include an interview, submitted materials should present student qualifications clearly and completely.
The following items are required in order to complete the applications process:
(NOTE: For your convenience, please save and use the Application Checklist)
- a USC Graduate Application: https://www.usc.edu/admission/graduate/applyonline/
- $85 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (To expedite the processing of your application, please send all transcripts directly to our office. If possible, print and complete the Transcript Cover Page for each college/university you have attended. Complete the entire form, sign it, and ask the registrar of each institution to attach it to your official transcript.)**
- USC has begun to accept some forms of e-transcripts. Please check with the institution you attended to see if they provide e-transcripts.
Please note that we accept only e-transcripts provided that they are submitted via the following methods:
- eSCRIP SAFE (Grad)
- eTranscriptCA (CCC)
- Texas Server (Grad)
- University to University
If your school does not provide e-transcripts through one of these methods, you must submit a hard copy of your transcripts. **
- What are your expectations of the graduate health administration program at USC?
- How will the program prepare you intellectually and practically to succeed in your chosen professional activities?
- What personal, professional and educational experiences have prepared you to succeed at USC?
International students must also submit the following documents:
- official TOEFL/IELTS scores – must have taken within the last two years (Institution code: 4852)
- official transcripts indicating the award of all degrees with the title and date conferred in the applicant’s native language and an exact translation into English of each document
- a financial guarantee statement showing proof of the ability to pay all tuition and living expenses
December 15 (scholarship deadline)
July 1 (final deadline)
USC Price offers many scholarship and graduate assistantships to domestic and international students. The USC Financial Aid Office also provides financial aid packages to U.S. citizens and eligible non-U.S. citizens for loans and work-study. Additional information is available in the Supplemental Admission and Financial Aid materials.
Scholarship awards are made at the time of admission. Applicants wishing to be considered for USC Price scholarships must complete their admission file by December 15 and turn in the USC Price Scholarship Application Form. Awards to new students are generally renewable for a second year, assuming satisfactory academic progress in accord with university-set standards for graduate students. Awards must be used toward a degree program in USC Price.
USC also participates in several federal loan programs. Graduate students demonstrating high financial need are considered for the Carl Perkins Loans and Stafford Student Loans—two low-interest loan programs—as well as for College Work Study grants. Students who do not qualify for these programs or continue to have unmet needs are encouraged to apply for Supplemental Loans for Students.
How to Apply
Online: Candidates may apply online through USC’s graduate online application system at http://www.usc.edu/admission/graduate. The online system allows you to electronically submit the entire application including USC Price supporting documents — except for official transcripts and a copy of test scores, which should be sent directly to USC Price at the mailing address below.
USC Price Recruitment and Admissions
650 Childs Way, RGL 111
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0626
Tel: (213) 740-0550
Fax: (213) 740-7573