The Price Office of Career Services is excited to host our 13th Annual Fall Networking!
Click Here to Register
Connect in person with alumni and employer partners from various industries and sectors to get career advice and learn about their career path.
- Update your resume using Smart Resume
- Update your LinkedIn profile
- Spend some time researching the alumni and employer partners you’re most interested in connecting with
- Create a professional introduction that is short but signifies the best of you (use this 30 sec elevator pitch template to guide you)
- Prepare networking questions to use as icebreakers and within the flow of conversation
- Remember to ask the person how you should follow-up
- If you have any questions about preparing for Fall Networking Event, make an appointment with a Price Career Advisor
Event Expectations: What to Do
- Dress in business formal
- Be sure to collect contact information from whoever you connect with (business cards, LinkedIn QR codes)
- Remember to ask the person how you should follow-up. (Email, call, LinkedIn, other – everyone has their own preferred way of communication)
- Mind the time you are spending with each contact as other students are also waiting to connect as well
- Follow up with the contacts you’ve made within 24-48 hours, or whatever you both agreed to during the conversation. (There is no standard answer because everyone has their own preference)
Remember: any contact is a good connection regardless of their background and position!